Larry King Interviews Marilyn Manson


Marilyn Manson was interviewed by legendary broadcaster Larry King this week, where he talked about how the Columbine shootings "put my whole career on hold" and the real reason why he's out of touch with old friend Billy Corgan.

Manson told King that the only reason he was connected to the Columbine shootings was because he had recently appeared on the "Matrix" soundtrack, and that the shooters were apparently never his fans anyway. But still, the effect on his public profile was huge.

"It kinda put my whole career on hold," said Manson. "A lot of people know about it because I had to really take an active stance legally against a lot of news places for using 'Marilyn Manson' which is trademarked, much like 'Mickey Mouse.' I had to put a cease and desist order [out], so a lot of people don't talk about it ... I think I've been blamed for about 36 school shootings."

King also asked about Manson's relationship with Smashing Pumpkins singer Billy Corgan, because of lingering rumors that the pair fell out years ago. Manson said there was no particular fall out, but he has an idea why they fell out of contact:

"I think he got mad once that I thought it would be a really good marketing idea if he sold Charlie Brown t-shirts and caps at concerts, and he might not have liked that. He did look like Charlie Brown a little bit, in fairness," ...said Manson while holding back laughter.

See more clips from Larry King's interview with Marilyn Manson here: