VIDEO: Are Courtney Love's Guitar Skills Terrible or Just Punk? You Decide...



An interesting video recently surfaced on YouTube, presenting isolated guitar and vocal tracks from Courtney Love's 2010 show in New York.

The clip was posted by filmmaker J.M. Ladd, who explained the decision to unveil the footage in the video description.




"I was hired through the venue to record this show (including many others throughout that week) and was then left standing with a hard drive and an invoice no one seemed to want. Four years later I still have the files and not really any idea what to do with them. But I like to share. So here we are," he said.


"What you are hearing are just Courtney's isolated vocal and guitar mics (with the obvious bleed from the rest of the band). I've muted everything else. This video I've borrowed from elsewhere on YouTube and in trying to sync up my own audio I realized they were a little sloppy with their edit. But you get the idea."

Addressing possible authenticity questions, Ladd added, "To address the most obvious, inevitable question that I will be asked... this is not fake. Whether you think she's the worst or this just makes her all the more 'punk rock' is for you to decide. I'm merely presenting the facts as they are. Make of them what you will."