Heavy Metal Fan Gets Arrested for Posting Song Lyrics to FaceBook...



Metal fan James Evans, who got arrested for posting lyrics of Exodus track "Class Dismissed (A Hate Primer)" to his Facebook wall on August 24, recently gave a few comments on the matter, calling the situation "pretty worrisome."

"It's surreal," the 31-year-old told Billboard. "I didn't think anything like this would come of it."

In something like a scene out of the novel "1984," a 31 yr. old heavy metal fan was stalked by Police, then later arrested with a warrant under suspicion he wanted to "Kill Citizens." All because he simply posted some lyrics from an Exodus song on his FaceBook wall...

After initially finding Evans, police officers proceeded to ask him if he was planning to harm anyone. "I assumed the conversation got resolved," he said. "They informed [my mother] that I may or not be charged. They said they were going to talk to me at work, but they never showed up. I didn't think it was that big of a deal."

However, the police were quick to show up with an arrest warrant for James, claiming that "he threatened to kill students and or staff at school."Nothing could be further from the truth!

"They never even cuffed me, just put me in the back of the car," he said. "They knew I wasn't dangerous. They were kind of shocked, too, because the Police thought the matter had been resolved... They just had to serve it because it was in their jurisdiction."

Evans further assumed he would be released, but instead he was charged with a Class C felony for "terrorist threatenings," facing a possible five to 10-year jail sentence.

"I couldn't believe it got that out of hand," he said. "At the same time it's worrisome because I have a family to take care of. I have a three-month-old son."

A week later, James was handed a deferment for six months and was also ordered to undergo a mental evaluation. If he complies with the court, all charges will be dropped.