Change Your Mind About Open "G" (Song w/TAB Included)

No need to give up on learning to write blues jams in "Open G" tuning, this post features an easy to play 12-bar blues that uses a bunch of fun open-string ideas in the open "G" tuning. Learn it, and it will provide you with plenty of cool open "G" riff ideas to continue to build from... 




A week ago here in the studio I gave one of my own students (who happens to really enjoy Blues), an assignment of creating a riff within the open “G” tuning.

Unfortunately, he came back to his class this week and he said that he couldn’t make up anything and that he hated Open “G” and he didn’t want to even use it anymore.

I told him, hey hang-on a minuet listen – just take a week off and I’ll compose an easy Blues in Open “G” for you, I’ll post it on my YouTube channel and you’ll not only find out how to play a fun Blues jam, but you’ll get some cool ideas to start finding it easier to mess around with Open “G” tuning…

WATCH THE VIDEO:



ESTABLISHING THE TUNING:
First, let’s get our guitar into Open “G.” This tuning uses a set-up that involves dropping the pitch of the; 6th, 5th and 1st strings by way of a whole-step.

The end result is a tuning that goes from 6th to 1st string as; (D, G, D, G, B, D).



So, now that we’ve got the tuning out of the way, let’s start learning my “Open G Blues”





12-BAR OPEN "G" BLUES JAM:
Example 1).
First four measures, bar’s 1 - 4



Example 2).
Next four measures, bar’s 5 - 8




Example 3).
Final four measures, bar’s 9 - 12




CONCLUSION:
Well, I hope that this lesson on getting into using the tuning of “Open G” for playing Blues was fun for you... If you’d like to learn more about how to further develop your guitar playing - join my web-site as a free member and start taking a look at all of my “Guitar” Courses.


My courses cover a ton of specific information on improving general and advanced playing skill. I’ve got a wide assortment of lesson plans and they all come with very detailed videos along with PDF worksheets that you can download and print out to start covering all types of; exercises, Music Theory, rhythm training and technical drills.

The lessons are all well planned and easy to follow – and they work in a very organized way. To help you get better at playing guitar.




VISIT THE WEBSITE:
If you’d like to learn more about topics like this one and many others, join my members site as a free member and start looking through my, “Guitar Courses.”

I’ve spent years creating hundreds of detailed step-by-step guitar lessons for my website members that cover beginner to advanced ideas to help you improve your playing.


LIMITED TIME OFFER:
If you join my site as a Premium member, you’ll receive a FREE copy of my popular Guitar Technique eBook.

My Guitar Technique eBook is 28 pages of jam-packed exercises, drills and studies for mastering all of your technical skills at playing Guitar.

___________________________________________________

GET GOOD NOW - JOIN THE MEMBERS AREA


Join Now

Guitar Chords | F Chord | Guitar Notes | G Chord | C Chord | D Chord | Guitar String Notes