Carl Verheyen Announces New Album...



I’m really looking forward to checking out this record, I’ve been enjoying the teaser videos that Carl has been posting to YouTube for a while and the fact that he says this is the guitar album he has been meaning to make for a while is exciting news! 



In case you can’t read the title above, Carl Verheyen has released his new CD ‘Mustang Run’.

“My goal was to break out of the mould of Carl Verheyen Band CDs and do a progressive instrumental album. I wanted the opportunity to weave thick textures of sound using dozens of instruments and tones. My motivation was the sheer joy of hearing those sounds in the air!” says Verheyen.




‘Mustang Run’ features performances by some extraordinary musicians, which includes Simon Phillips, Chad Wackerman, Jerry Goodman, Bill Evans, Jimmy Johnson, Stuart Hamm, and Gregg Bissonette. In regards to the assortment of legendary music artists that grace his new release, Carl explains, “My previous CD called ‘Trading 8s’ was a collaboration with some of my guitar player friends. I had Robben Ford, Joe Bonamassa, Steve Morse, Scott Henderson, Albert Lee and Rick Vito trading solos with me. On ‘Mustang Run’ I wanted that inspiration to come from the rhythm section, so I called different bass players and drummers to suit the songs. I love to play with musicians that I have a deep musical relationship with, because the studio scene in LA breeds hundreds of ‘casual’ musical relationships. The great players on ‘Mustang Run’ are all friends that I’ve known and performed with for years.”




In support of Carl’s new CD release, he will be touring Europe in the fall 2014. His band will feature bass virtuoso Stu Hamm (Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Ritchie Kotzen, Billy Sheehan, Jeff Berlin), who is featured on ‘Mustang Run’, and master drummer/percussionist John Mader (Joe Satriani, Booker T, Electronic Arts’ “The Sims”, Tony award winners “Rent”, “Lion King” and “Wicked”).