Joe Satriani: 'I Was the Luckiest Guitar Teacher Ever'



Guitar god Joe Satriani recently touched on the matter of his guitar teaching days, admitting that he considers himself very lucky for the opportunity to work with a vast array of future axe masters.

Chatting with Rolling Stone, Joe was asked about what it was like to be teaching the likes of Steve Vai, Metallica's Kirk Hammett, Larry LaLonde of Primus and Testament guitarist Alex Skolnick.


"I always thought I was the luckiest guitar teacher ever," he replied. "I did have just a lot of great students. You'd have Larry come in, and he would say, 'Man, listen to these songs we're writing. How do you play over that? What kind of a solo can I do?' He was such an interesting student, as were Kirk and Alex."

"They had great technical facility, which made teaching them really great because you could show them something and six days later they had it down," the guitarist added.

Read More >