Stop Playing Blues Like This - I'm Begging You!!

There are several Blues guitar riffs that guitarists will generally play for too long of a period, and they should do their best to stop them, and I’m going to show all of you how in this video. As a matter of fact, I’m not going to leave you hanging either, but rather, I’m going to show you a way to more effectively play more common Blues alternatives that will give you a better sound and a more relaxed result...




On top of all that, I'm also going to provide you with three ways to expand your Blues playing through Dominant 7th, 9th and 13th chords as well as, how to play matched bass-line riffs and blues turnarounds.

WATCH THE VIDEO:



In this lesson I’m going to demonstrate a group of Blues ideas that are common to the Blues style. Unfortunately, a lot of guitarists will play Blues either with a number of bad habits, or they'll just play far too simplistic of Blues ideas for too long of time before they’ll either correct the bad habits, or before they expand on simple Blues principles to be able to take those Blues ideas further, (and achieve a more interesting sound).




So, in my focus for this lesson, I not only want to help you guy’s correct ideas, but I also want to give you guys more Blues guitar alternatives, for more interesting Blues playing! So, let’s get started with a correction that will help you the next time you’re playing on a Blues jam using the traditional Blues Boogie riff...

1). Blues Boogie example 

Common approach (inefficient)





Better approach  (more efficient)



Another problem that guitar players tend to have when learning to play Blues is centered around only playing the Boogie pattern (and sticking with that pattern), as pretty much their one and only rhythm concept for Blues.

So, the next thing I want to cover is going to be based upon getting introduced to a couple of the most popular chords that are important for every guitarist who is interested in Blues rhythm guitar. 

And, that is the movable “Dominant 7th” chords along with their poplar extensions of the 9th and the Dominant 13th…






2). The Dominant 7th Dominant 9th and the Dominant 13th 

 6th String Dominant 7th:




5th String Dominant 7th:


  
6th String Dominant 13th:



  
5th String Dominant 9th:



                         ____________________________________________________

I wanted to take a minute to let you know, that if you want to learn even more about scales and theory I have a great offer for you.

With any donation over $5, or any merchandise purchase from either my Tee-Spring, or my Zazzle store, I’ll send you a free copy of THREE of my most popular digital handouts.

One is called, “Harmonized Arpeggio Drills” (it’ll train you on developing your diatonic arpeggios).

Another one is my “Barre Chord” Handout which includes a page showing all the key signatures along with a chord progression that applies barre chords.

Plus, you’ll get my Notation Pack! It has 8 pages of important guitar worksheets for notating anything related to; music charts, guitar chord diagrams, and TAB.

As a BONUS for this video, I'll also throw in a breakdown of all of the chords that are diatonic to the "F Major" scale.

As an EXTRA BONUS for my Phrygian Dominant video, I'll also throw in a breakdown featuring all of the chords that are diatonic to the Phrygian Dominant scale.

Just send me an email off of the contact page of CreativeGuitarStudio.com to let me know about either your donation or your Merchandise purchase and I’ll email you those digital handouts within 24 hrs.

                            ____________________________________________________



The next thing I want to cover is another Blues guitar concept that is sadly left to the back burner for too many guitar players that have an interest in Blues Guitar, it’s the Blues Bass line crossover riff.




I’ve got one of the more popular movable patterns here for you to learn and start applying into your playing right away.


3). Blues bass-line cross over riff





The final idea that I want to share with you has to do with a Blues concept that is all too often left over to the way-side (in many cases) much too long of a time, (and it’s too bad because this idea is so nice to know about as a Blues player), and it’s the idea we often refer to as the, “Blues Turnaround.”

So, to wrap up the lesson, I’ve got a nice Blues Turnaround lick for you to learn that can be practiced and applied very quickly into your standard 8 or 12 bar Blues guitar jams.

4). Blues Turnaround




___________________________________________________

GET GOOD NOW - JOIN THE MEMBERS AREA


Join Now

Guitar Chords | F Chord | Guitar Notes | G Chord | C Chord | D Chord | Guitar String Notes