by Kellee Maize - Courtesy of Huffington Post Entertainment
With all of this talk about Female Hip Hop Artists failing in the music industry and less and less female rappers being signed, I have been inspired to write this article and share what worked and what didn't ... and a LOT didn't. I'm still applying these new discoveries myself and learning everyday from them, so I can make no guarantees, but my hope is that this helps a next generation of conscious artists trying to let their voices be heard.
This entire process will have a spiraling exponential effect. The more fans you get, the more fans you will get. Here it is, again:
1. Make music
2. Give it away for free using a CC license
3. Free music = new fans
4. New fans will reach out via social media and engage, be grateful and love them!
5. Collect emails from your fans
6. Make more music and give it away for free
7. Email your current fans and ask them to share it
8. Free new music + Current fans sharing that music = more new fans
9. Repeat 1 through 8 over and over again.
10. Magical things will happen
- Blogs will start posting your music
- People will want to book you
- Your mp3 sales will start to appear
- You will get licensing opportunities
- Brands that align with you and your music will want to help you