Jimi Hendrix's Final Interview Surfaces



The last interview guitar legend Jimi Hendrix ever gave recently appeared online and is available for streaming through Team Rock Radio...

During a 30-minute chat, Hendrix discussed future plans and superstardom among other subjects, noting that he couldn't feel anything music-wise at the moment.

When asked on whether the music excitement is gone for him, Jimi was quick to reply. "No. I was feeling like that before, because I was thinking too fast," he said. "It's hard to know what people want sometimes – right now I can't feel anything. I just need to lay back and think about it all."

The axeman also confessed wanting to perform less because in his mind "it would count for more if we did less."

Hendrix also touched on the matter of future plans and the departure of bassist Billy Cox from the band, currently the only surviving member of both Jimi Hendrix Experience and the Band of Gypsys.



"I think I'll get a small one together," he said (via Classic Rock Magazine) "It's really hard to decide. I'd like to have both, if I could. I'd get two guitarists – one being myself – an organist, a singer, drums and bass. That would be out of sight."

Finally, Jimi stressed he had realized that paying attention to the hype surrounding his career was pointless, also noting he didn't want the crowd to separate his performing from writing.

"I’d hate to be in one corner, put only as a guitar player, only as a songwriter, only as a tap-dancer or something like that," he said. "I like to move around."

Check out the full chat below...