VIDEO: Runaways' Lita Ford & Cherie Currie Join Forces


Former Runaways' Lita Ford and Cherie Currie have teamed up to record a Christmas track together, Classic Rock reports. Ford had been talking up a Runaways reunion in the past months – but Joan Jett recently appeared to put the blocks on the idea, saying she couldn't think why they'd want to do it, adding: "the down side is bigger than the up side."



That hasn't stopped Ford and singer Currie laying down a track for release later this year.

The guitarist tells PsychoBabbleTV.com: "My old drummer called me and says, 'Lita, let's record a Christmas song.' So I thought, 'What do you want to do – Jingle Bells?' He said, 'No, let's write something new.'


"I got out a pen and paper and I thought, 'Let's rock this Christmas down.' So we started writing a song called 'Let's Rock This Christmas Down.'"

Ford had only recently got back in touch with Currie, after not having spoken since the Runaways split in 1980.

She explains: "It just so happened that Cherie was on the phone just after we'd talked about recording this song. I said, 'Why don't you sing it with me?' So she flew in, came straight from the airport to the studio, cut the vocal track – and we have a Christmas single with me and Cherie singing lead vocals."