PRACTICE & TRAINING: Positive Musical Growth

PRACTICE &TRAINING: Positive Musical Growth



Andrew Wasson of Creative Guitar Studio answers a viewers question...


Q: I'm wondering if you can explain how I can improve how some days I play really good and other days I play awful. I've played for 7 years, and I've noticed that things have gotten better. But, I wonder if my practice time could be improved to help me balance things out? Also, any sage advice on how musicians can think more balanced would be really cool.
 Reggie - Dallas, TX. USA

A: Most players find that as the years go by their trend with having more and more "Better" days of playing, recording and jamming will constantly improve. However, there are things that you can do regarding your; daily, weekly and monthly practice routine, as well as, your lifestyle... which will help to make a difference in having really good days compared to having those unfortunate bad guitar days.

Some musicians will chalk up bad days to, 'bio-rhythms.' Some will blame bad days on a poor nights sleep. But, regardless whatever you might decide to point the blame toward, be sure that you take into account the many things that always contribute to those superior moments that allow you to have your best connection to your musical abilities. In the video lesson, I begin with an overview of some of the top ideas that encompass overall musical consistency. Then, I head to the guitar neck and run through several examples of topics that should be addressed in daily at home practice. The handout for this video will be available for download on my blogsite as of; August 18, 2013.