Current Black Sabbath Tour Probably Band's Last


Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler recently gave an honest opinion about his ability to keep jamming and touring, admitting that the band's current tour will likely be their last.

"It probably will be the last time, [it] will probably be the last tour," the bassist told Chicago Sun-Times. "But I want to go out on a high. The band is playing really well at the moment."

When asked to explain further, Geezer said: "I don't know. I just got a feeling. It's getting tough, it really is. I can't lie about that. I'm old now. It really is tough going on every night. You wake up next day, all the pains you never had before. I don't want to go onstage for the sake of the money. You have to have a lot pride in yourself, and I honestly think I'm coming to the end of the top of my job," he concluded.

In a separate interview, guitarist Tony Iommi elaborated his views on Sabbath future, sharing a similar dose of uncertainty.

"I don't know," the axeman said when asked about the possibility of new Sabbath music. "It's a question that's been asked a few times. I don't really have an answer for you. At the moment, we're playing it - because of my [cancer] treatments and stuff - I can't commit to doing another two years, or anything like that."

Metal icons released their latest studio effort "13" on June 10 via Vertigo Records, landing at No. 1 on both the UK Albums Chart and Billboard 200 with 155,000 copies sold in the US during the first week.