VIDEO: Slash Explains Former Rift With Paul Stanley...



Slash has spoken out about his former rift with KISS guitarist Paul Stanley...

In a recent interview with Jan Jaedike of Germany's Rock Hard magazine (via Loudwire), Slash opens up and confirms the story about their falling out that Stanley shared in his first-ever autobiography, "Face the Music: A Life Exposed.' The two went nearly 20 years without speaking but finally cleared the air in 2006.

Check out the video below.




In Paul Stanley's autobiography, the KISS frontman shares a story about seeing Guns N' Roses play two Los Angeles club shows before the band recorded their breakthrough album "Appetite for Destruction." Stanley called the shows "stupendous," but said that shortly after Slash had some not so nice things to say about Stanley.

"Immediately after my interactions with the band, I started to hear lots of stories Slash was saying behind my back." Stanley shared, "He called me gay, made fun of my clothes, all sorts of things designed to give him some sort of rock credibility at my expense. This was years before his top hat, sunglasses and dangling cigarette became a cartoon costume that he would continue to milk with the best of us for decades."


Stanley said he got the final word in a few months later when Slash called up to see about getting some free guitars. "You want me to help you get guitars after you went around saying all that sh-t about me behind my back?" Stanley responded. "You know, one thing you're going to have to learn is not to air your dirty laundry in public. Nice knowing you. Go f--k yourself."

While the former Guns N' Roses guitarist has not read Stanley's book, he did share his side of the story. "He had come around to produce Guns N' Roses way back in the day, before we actually made the first record. And at some point, we decided we didn't ... We never actually were interested in working with him.

"But we sort of had him come around because he was [drummer] Steven Adler's hero." Slash continues, "I'd done an interview for the Calendar in the LA Times, and I'd said something derogatory about him. And then, months later, realized that he had an arrangement with B.C. Rich, and I was looking to try and get a guitar to record the Appetite record, and asked him if he would hook me up with some B.C. Riches."


Slash continued that Stanley was not happy, "He said something along the lines of, 'You shouldn't air your dirty laundry in public,' having to do with him. 'So, no, I won't help you.' And I was, like, 'OK.'"

Slash added that the two gathered in 2006 at VH1's KISS Rock Honors and they decided to put the past behind them. He concluded, "We sort of let bygones be bygones. And so we're more or less cool now."