VIDEO: 13 Year Old kid's Metal Band Signs With Sony...



Some time ago, a documentary about Unlocking The Truth, a band of pre-teen African-American metal lovers from Brooklyn went viral, with many people being struck by the passion and raw talent of the young group. Now, it has been revealed that Unlocking the Truth has signed a two album deal with Sony Records.

As Blabbermouth reports, the group is set to receive $60,000 to record the first disc and possibly as much as $325,000 for the second CD. Sony also has an option to release four more albums from Unlocking the Truth that could push the label's financial investment to around $1.7 million ($325,000 for the second album, $400,000 for the third, $450,000 for the fourth and $550,000 for the fifth).


The band has recently played Coachella festival as well as supporting Guns N' Roses. They've also gained some celebrity fans including Sepultura frontman Derrick Green:

"When I was growing up, there weren't a lot of black kids listening to metal music or hardcore music," he said. "I would get harassed by other black people and questioned all the time about why I liked this style of music and why was I trying to be white. I was told that black people didn't listen to this style of music. Even back then, it sounded just as ignorant as it does now. I didn't hate them for their stupidity, but it only pushed me to be where I'm at today... Kids can do anything. If they believe in something strong enough and have the passion and drive, yes."

Unlocking The Truth: NY Street Concert Video...